AP Aarogya Raksha Health Insurance Scheme
AP Aarogya Raksha Health Insurance Scheme is started by NTR VS Trust. AP Govt is providing Aarogya Raksha Health Insurance coverage for Rs.2 Lakh for all APL families with Rs.100 premium. AP Govt has released G.O Ms.No.165 dated 31.12.2016 regarding AP Aarogya Raksha Health Insurance Scheme and released certain guidelines regarding this scheme.
G.O Ms.No.165 dated 31.12.2016
The Government of Andhra Pradesh is committed to provide health security to all citizens of Andhra Pradesh. Government of Andhra Pradesh after careful review of various issues related to execution of existing and proposed health coverage plans and discussions with concerned stakeholders, hereby approve the scheme of “Aarogya Raksha” for the above poverty line families with the following guidelines:
1. Health cover of Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum per individual of the family and for all members of the APL family for 1044 procedures (as in NTRVS) in semi private ward in all empanelled hospitals.
2. A premium of Rs.100 per month per individual of the family shall be collected by NTR-VS Trust. The enrollment for all members of the applicant family is compulsory and family is the unit of implementation the scheme.
3. Enrollment to be made ‘only family wise’ within 1st January to 28th February of every year. No exemptions to be given to those who miss enrollment in the enrollment window period.
4. The benefit package of the scheme will come under implementation from 7th April 2017 (World Health Day).
5. The program for covering APL shall be nomenclatured as “Aarogya Raksha”.
6. A Health Insurance Commission shall be established to monitor the implementation of all the health insurance programs of the State, with the following members
Aarogya Raksha Health Insurance Program
1. Honorable Health Minister, Govt. of AP- Chairperson
2. Principal Secretary (Health), Govt. of AP
3. Advisor (Health), Govt. of AP
4. Professor, HPME, University of Toronto, Canada
5. Director (Pharmaceutical Outcomes & Policy), University of Washington, USA
6. Head (Health Financing), NIPFP, New Delhi
7. Director-NABH, Quality Council of India
8. CEO-NTR Vaidya Seva
9. World Health Organization
10.Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The CEO – NTRVS is directed to take necessary steps for implementing the scheme and issue the implementation guidelines.
This is a good scheme for above poverty level families. They can get health insurance coverage for Rs.2,00,000 with just Rs.100 premium for month. They can get health insurance services in private hospitals too with this scheme. Nowadays hospital expenses are very much and unbearable by the middle class people. That is why this AP Aarogya Raksha Health Insurance Scheme is aimed for above poverty level people by the AP state govt.
Download G.O Ms.No.165 dated 31.12.2016 from http://goir.ap.gov.in regarding AP Aarogya Raksha Health Insurance Scheme by AP State Government.