AP New Excise Policy 2019-2020
AP New Excise Policy 2019-2020 released by AP State Govt vide G.O Ms.No.373 Dated 22.08.2019. Prohibition & Excise Policy for Retail Liquor Shops has been released by the Revenue (Excise II) Department today on 22nd August 2019 for Retail Liquor Shops. The number of Shops fixed for 2019-2020 is 3500. The licence period of the Shops shall be from 01.10.2019 to 30.09.2020.
G.O Ms.No.373 Dated 22.08.2019
AP Govt G.O Ms.No.373 Dated 22.08.2019 regarding Prohibition & Excise Policy for Retail Liquor Shops is as follows.
AP State Government, after careful examination of the proposal submitted by the Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise, Andhra Pradesh, formulate the following Excise Policy for 2019-20 in respect of retail liquor Shops.
- The number of Shops fixed for 2019-20 is (3500).
- The licence period of the Shops shall be from 01.10.2019 to 30.09.2020.
- The A.P. State Beverages Corporation Limited (APSBCL) is granted exclusive privilege of selling by Shop and accordingly the APSBCL shall run the retail Shops all over the State from 01.10.2019.
- The Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise shall fix the number of Shops to be established in a Village/Nagar Panchayat/ Municipality/Municipal Corporation having due regard to the requirement, public order, health, safety and other factors as he thinks fit.
- While establishing the Shops, the directions of the Honorable Supreme Court of India issued from time to time on the sale of liquor on Highways shall be strictly followed.
- All the Shops in the State shall be equipped with the required machinery for implementation of Hedonic Path Finder System (HPFS) and for reading of Holographic Excise Adhesive Labels (HEAL).
- Each Shop shall be equipped with CC cameras.
- No Shop shall be permitted on the road from Tirupathi Railway Station to Alipiri via RTC Bus Stand, Leelamahal circle, Nandi circle, Vishnu Nivasam, Srinivasam. Likewise, no Shop shall be permitted on the road from Leelamahal – Nandi circle – Alipiri – SVRR Hospital – SVIMS in Tirupathi Municipal Corporation area.
- The provisions contained in the A.P. Excise (Grant of licence of selling by shop and conditions of licence) Rules 2019, as may be amended from time to time, shall govern the establishment and operation of the Shops by the APSBCL.
- The Enforcement wing shall be strengthened for effective control of all Excise offences including un-authorized sale outlets (Belt shops).
- The Health, Medical & Family Welfare Department is directed to establish one de-addiction center in every district in the State.
- Intensive campaign to educate the public about responsible drinking and the evil effects of irresponsible drinking may be taken up.
Download AP Govt G.O Ms.No.373 Dated 22.08.2019 regarding Prohibition & Excise Policy for Retail Liquor Shops from the official website http://goir.ap.gov.in website.