Govt Employees as Panchayat Secretaries
AP State Govt has decided to appoint Govt Employees as Panchayat Secretaries on Deputation. There are several Panchayat Secretary Posts are vacant now. AP Govt has issued G.O.Rt.No.966 Dated 12.10.2015 regarding Govt Employees appointment as Panchayat Secretaries on deputation. The following is the G.O Rt.No.966 Copy
Establishment – Panchayat Secretaries – Appointment of regular Government Employees as Panchayat Secretaries on deputation basis – Orders – Issued.
G.O.Rt.No.966 Dated 12.10.2015
PANCHAYAT RAJ & RURAL DEVELOPMENT (MDL.I) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Rt.No.966 Dated 12.10.2015
Read the following:
1. G.O.(P).No.10, Fin.& Plng. (FW.F.R.II) Dept., dt.22.1.1993.
2. G.O.Rt.No.700, PR&RD(MDL.II) Dept., dt.27.4.2002.
3. From the Commissioner, PR&RE, AP., Hyd., Lr.No.122/CPR&RE/B1/2007, dt.12.5.2015.
In the G.O. 2nd read above orders were issued obtaining options from the regular Government staff who are willing work to work as Panchayat Secretaries in Panchayat Raj Department on deputation basis.
2. In his letter 3rd read above, the Commissioner, Panchayat Raj & Rural Development, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, has stated that there are 7163 Gram Panchayat clusters in the State. But there are 2500 vacancies of the Panchayat Secretaries. Much difficulty is being experienced in the Gram Panchayat Administration. He has therefore requested the Government to accord permission for appointment of the regular Government employees as Panchayat Secretaries on deputation basis.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter in detail, hereby order to appoint regular Government employees as Panchayat Secretaries in Panchayat Raj Department on deputation basis with the following conditions.
- Such appointments on redeployment/deputation shall be treated as Inter departmental deputation for Government employees.
- He/She must be a graduate in a recognized University with basic Computer knowledge.
- The District level Committee headed by the District Collector will select eligible candidates after taking willingness and submit the selected list to the Commissioner, Panchayat Raj & Rural Development, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad for approval.
- The selected candidates shall be trained in Extension Training Centers (ETC) for a period of 4 weeks in phases and postings will be given to those who have passed the examination conducted by the respective Extension Training Centers.
- They shall be posted as Panchayat Secretary in other than their native Mandals.
- Their Promotional channels will be as they stand now in their Parent departments and they will have the option to revert to their parent departments on promotion.
- Their pay will be protected
- Regular Government Employees are only eligible for exercising their option to work as Panchayat Secretary on deputation basis. Employees of Government Corporations/Undertakings/Societies or part time employees are not eligible for redeployment as Panchayat Secretaries
- They are governed by the conditions stipulated in G.O.(P) No.10, Finance & Planning (FR.II) Department, dt.22.1.1993 in so far as they relate to their terms of deputation.
Download Appointment of Govt Employees as Panchayat Secretaries G.O.Rt.No.966 Dated 12.10.2015 for more information. This G.O is also available at the offiical website http://goir.ap.gov.in
Leave a Reply