G.O.MS.No.53 Dated 14.08.2015
G.O.MS.No.53 Dated 14.08.2015 is released for Success Schools conversion into English Medium Schools. AP School Education dept has released G.O.MS.No.53 Dated 14.08.2015 for converting 3428 Success Schools into full fledged English Medium Schools from 6th to 10th Class from 2015-2016 academic year. The following is the copy of G.O No.53
School Education Department – Conversion of Success Schools into full – fledged English Medium Schools from 6th to 10th classes from the Academic Year 2015-16 – Orders Issued
SCHOOL EDUCATION (PROG.I) DEPARTMENT, G.O.MS.No.53 Dated 14.08.2015.
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.76 Edn (SE Trg) Department, Dated:10-06-2008.
2. From the C&DSE, AP., Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.24/Esstt.III-1/2015, dated 24-02-2015 & 15.05.2015.
During the year 2008 in the combined State of Andhra Pradesh, after widespread consultations with various stake-holders, 6,500 Government / Zilla
Parishad / Municipal High Schools were identified for introduction of English Medium under the SUCCESS (Strengthening and Universalization quality and access to Secondary Schools) Programme. Out of these 6500 success schools, at present 3428 schools are functioning in the State of AP.
2. In the G.O. 1st read above, Government had issued instructions for introduction of English Medium Sections in a parallel section in 6500 identified Govt Sector (ZP /Govt / Municipal High Schools in the State) and also to prepare schedule for training of teachers to improve English Language skills and strengthening the District Centers for English in all Districts.
From the analysis of the 2014-15 DISE data and from the preliminary rationalization exercise undertaken during July, 2014, the following are found:
- Out of the 4,976 High Schools (Government / Zilla Parishad / Municipal), 3,428 are the designated SUCCESS Schools with parallel English Medium.
- Total enrollment in both Telugu and English Medium in the SUCCESS Schools is 13,39,180
- Out of the total enrollment, enrollment in English Medium sections is 4,20,066 (31.36 %)
- 1647 SUCCESS Schools have more than 100 students enrolled in English Medium Sections.
- 1781 SUCCESS Schools have less than 100 students enrolled in English Medium Sections.
It is a fact that 31.36% students enrolled in SUCCESS schools are pursuing English Medium. The rising enrollment in English Medium in unaided private schools clearly indicates the trend that there is tremendous aspiration among rural communities for English Medium education for their wards. Introduction of English Medium is the overall necessity of providing equitable opportunity of the children studying in the rural areas / belonging to disadvantage families.
In the above context, the Commissioner of School Education, AP, Hyderabad has requested the Govt for permission to convert all the 3428 High Schools functioning as Success Schools as full-fledged English Medium Schools from 6th to 10th Classes from the Academic year 2015-16.
After careful examination of the matter, Government hereby permit the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. Hyderabad, to convert SUCCESS Schools as full-fledged English Medium School from 6th to 10th from the Academic Year 2015-16 with the following course of action.
Download G.O.Ms.No.53 Dated 14.08.2015 for detailed information about Success Schools conversion into English Medium Schools. This G.O Ms.No.53 Dated 14.08.2015 can also be available at http://goir.ap.gov.in
Leave a Reply