Sakala Janula Samme Strike Period
Sakala Janula Samme Strike Period has been treated as Special Casual Leave by Telangana Govt vide G.O Ms.No.1, Dated 2.01.2016. Today TS Govt has issued G.O Ms.No.1 regarding Sakala Janula Samme Strike Period which is now treated as Special Casual Leave (SCL).
Public Services – Sakala Janula Samme by the Gazetted and Non-Gazetted Officers of Telangana Region – Treatment of period of Strike as “Special Casual Leave” – Orders – Issued
G.O Ms.No.1 Dated 2.01.2016
FINANCE (HRM.III) DEPARTMENT, G.O.MS.No.1, Dated 02.01.2016, Read the following
1. G.O.Ms.No.177, G.A. (SW.I) Department, dt.13.4.2011.
2. G.O.Rt.No.1617, G.A.(SW.I) Department, dt.18.4.2011.
3. Orders from the Hon’ble High Court in WPMP No.25443/11 in W.P.No.20913/11, dt.16.8.2011.
4. Agreement between Government of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Joint Action Committee of Employees, Gazetted Officers, Teachers and Workers, dt.24.10.2011.
5. Minutes of the meeting of Group of Ministers held on 13.2.2012.
6. Orders of the Hon’ble High Court in W.P.MP.No.7536/2012 in W.P.No.20913/11 dt.5.3.2012.
7. G.O.Ms.No.82, Finance (FR-I) Department, dt. 29.3.2012.
8. Representation from the Chairman, Joint Action Committee of Employees, Gazetted Officers, Teachers and Workers& President, TNGO’s Central Union and others, Hyderabad dated 18.2.2015
In the reference 1stread above the Government have adopted the “No work No Pay” policy strictly and ordered that the period of absence from duty in respect of the employees who participated in the agitations shall be treated as “Not Duty” and no pay and allowances shall be admissible for the period.
2. In the reference 2ndread above the Government kept in abeyance the orders issued in the reference 1st read above.
3. In the reference 3rdread above the Hon’ble High Court stayed the operation of G.O.Rt.No.1617, dt.18.4.2011 and ordered that no modification ofG.O.Ms.No.177, G.A. Dept., dt. 13.4.2011 shall be made by the Government pending disposal of the case, without the prior leave of the Court
4. Employees belonging to Gazetted and Non-Gazetted Officers of different Associations in the Telangana Region went on strike from 13th September, 2011 onwards. In the reference 4thread above an Agreement has been reached between the Government of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Joint Action Committee of Employees, Teachers and workers (TJAC) on 24.10.2011. Accordingly, the Telangana Joint Action Committee of Employees (TJAC) agreed to resume duties w.e.f. 25.10.2011.
5. In the reference 5thread above the Group of Ministers recommended that “regarding the period of absence from 13.9.2011 or from later date to end of strike (42 days), it can be considered for sanction as Earned Leave and wherever the employee does not have Earned Leave in his/her account to the required extent, the short period can be considered for sanction of “Leave not Due” and this period shall be adjusted from the future credit of Earned Leave. In case of employees retiring in next one year, if such employee does not have earned leave in his/her account, the leave of eligible kind may be considered for this purpose. After orders in circulation to this effect are obtained from Chief Minister, the same will be put before High Court of Andhra Pradesh through a supplementary affidavit for their further orders
6. In pursuance of the recommendation of the Group of Ministers the State Government filed an application before the High Court seeking modification of the orders 3rdread above. In the reference 6th read above the Hon’ble High Court allowed W.P.M.P.No.7536/2012 and modified their earlier order dt.16.8.2011 to enable the State Government to implement the recommendations of the Group of Ministers.
7. Government accordingly accepted the recommendations of the Group of Ministers. It was ordered that the period of absence from 13.09.2011 or such a later day as applicable till they resumed duties after ending the strike (maximum 42 days) be sanctioned as Earned Leave on application by the employee. Detailed procedural instructions were also issued in paras 7-11 of the above G.O. 7th read above for the benefit of leave sanctioning authorities and also Drawing officers for the purpose of clarity and for ensuing that the orders of Government are given effect promptly and properly
This G.O Ms.No.1 Dated 2.01.2016 is also available at http://goir.telangana.gov.in
Download Sakala Janula Samme Strike Period Special Casual Leave G.O Ms.No.1 Dated 2.01.2016 for detailed information.
Leave a Reply