Telangana New Bar License Guidelines
Telangana New Bar License Guidelines (TS Bar Licenses 2015-2016) G.O Ms.No.148 Dated 26.08.2015 has been issued by the Department of Prohibition & Excise, Govt of Telangana. TS New Bar Licenses 2015-2016 Guidelines for GHMC, Municipalities, Nagar Punchayats have been notified in the G.O No.148
G.O Ms.No.148 Dated 26.08.2015
REVENUE DEPARTMENT – Prohibition & Excise – Sanction of new bar licenses for 2015-16 – Revised guidelines – Issued
REVENUE (EXCISE-II) DEPARTMENT, G.O.MS.No.148 Dated 26-8-2015
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.723, Rev (Ex.II) Dept., dated 2.8.2010
2. From the CPE, TS, Hyderabad Lr.No.1900/2015/CPE/TS/F1, dated
3. Govt.Memo.No.9761/Ex.II(1)/2015-1, dt.30.6.2015
4. From the CPE, TS, Hyderabad Lr.No.1900/2015/CPE/TS/F1, dated
In the references 2nd & 4th read above the Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise, Telangana, Hyderabad, has submitted proposals requesting for issue of revised guidelines for sanction of bar licences in the State.
After careful consideration of the proposal submitted by the Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise, Telangana, Hyderabad and in supersession of the orders issued in the reference 1st read above,
Government hereby decide that the policy would be to permit new bars very sparingly at places of requirement as determined based on the following objective criteria:
- The population of 2011 census shall be taken as basis for
- One (1) Bar shall be granted for every 30,000 population in all the Municipal Corporations (other than GHMC) / Municipalities / Nagar Panchayats i.e., for population of 0–30000 the eligibility would be one (1) bar, for 30001 – 60000 population, eligibility would be two (2) bars and so on
- In GHMC for every 13,000 population (1) one bar shall be granted i.e., for population of 0-13,000, the eligibility would be one bar, for 13,001 – 26,000 population, the eligibility would be (2) bars and so on.
- New Bar licences shall be continued to be granted to the restaurants run by 3 Star and above category hotels located in GHMC / Municipal Corporations / Municipalities / Tourism Centers / Nagara Panchayats without any restrictions as at (2) & (3) above.
- In case the number of applications filed for grant of bar licence is more than the permissible number of bars that can be newly
opened, the selection shall be made on the basis of drawl of lots
among all eligible applicants and in their presence duly stipulating a date time.
- Government is vested with special powers for relaxation of the
above requirements. If warranted on expedient operational grounds etc., as may be recommended by the Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise, Telangana, Hyderabad, in special cases.
TS Bar License Guidelines G.O Ms.No.148 is also available at http://goir.telangana.gov.in
Download G.O Ms.No.148 Dated 26.08.2015 for detailed information about Telangana New Bar License Guidelines 2015-2016.